Sunday, August 12, 2012

I'm having a wonderful time..

This weekend has been exactly what I needed.  It's been way too long since I've seen my parents, and as usual, they went overboard with spoiling me while I was here. 

Their home is a gorgeous, designer home that my dad, master contractor that he is, built himself.   Huge open floor plan and bedrooms big enough to get lost in. I brought my roommate, and 2 puppies up here with me.  They weren't kidding. They had presents piled pretty high on the dining table, and more scattered here and there throughout the house, so I'm hoping we have room in the car to take everything home. 

Last night we had prime rib and king crab legs, and tonight, they took me and my roommate to a restaurant here in Yuma called "Jack & Rosie's".  It's sort of a local institution, and has been around since the 40's.  I guess the original "Rosie" used it as a way to not only serve food and drink, but, to....ah... "run" girls out of it. She was a madam, and was also in the "providing adult entertainment" business.  I got a kick out of that.  Long story, short, after 2 1/2 hours of laughing, drinking and eating (and a $200 bill later) I decided that Jack & Rosie's was my new favorite steak joint because it was the best I ever had. Seriously...if you're down in Yuma, stop in and have dinner there.  It's amazing.  

The weekend was more relaxing than I could have ever hoped for, and I am feeling great.  Of course, that could also be the Absolut & cranberry juice cocktails that my mom keeps making for me, but...who wants to split hairs?

I'll be home tomorrow night, and back to the playroom starting monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment