Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fun stuff

Originally posted 5-11-2012


Let's see...what's happened lately in my vanilla world?  

I had a grand adventure yesterday evening.  Well, I thought it was grand, anyway.  My guy, J., and I went to a bat cave.  Yep. A real bat cave.  Just a little north and west of 40th Street & Camelback is a bat cave.  Actually, it's an enclosed underground section of the drainage/flood control systems that belong to the city of Phoenix, but, as far as the bats are concerned, it's a cave.  F0r 6 months out of the year, from May-October, they live in this "cave".   At a few minutes after sunset every night, they all start flying out of the cave to feast on insects.  It was so cool to watch.  First, one flew out.  Then, about 10 seconds later, another, then another couple, then they started flying out in droves. This went on for about 20 minutes, with me catching some neat video of it on my phone's camcorder.  When we decided to walk back to our car, we were walking along the footpath and the bats were flying all around us.  It wasn't some Hitchcockian nightmare, or anything, there were just a few flying around near us.  I felt one brush my hair once, and another softly grazed the tip of his wing across my arm as he flew by.   I love new experiences, so this was ridiculously fun for me.  As we were walking along the canal bank, we saw a bunch of owls hanging around.  Some were on the electrical wires, others were on the electrical posts themselves.  There was one that was huge-mongous.  He flew right in front of us from a wire onto the top of a very very very tall electrical pole, and just looked down at us.  He was so huge, that even when we were about 150 yards east of him, when we looked back, we could not only still see his silhouette on top of the pole, but he was still perfectly owl-shaped, so he was big enough that over that long of a distance, at night, he was still perfectly recognizable for what he was.   It was also cool to see the bats skimming the top of the water for mosquitoes.  The ducks in the canal were cute because they all got out of the water when the bats came out. 

The other morning, I went to one of my favorite places to relax and just be silly.  The dog park.  Beautiful morning, my guy brought his border collie and I  was having a great time sipping my coffee and throwing the ball for him.  I usually take a blanket and sit on the ground when I go there.  Cuz when you sit on the ground, dogs come up and sit next to you, and play with you and cuddle with you and all that happy stuff.  So, as usual, I'm sitting there, playing with all of the little ankle biters that inhabit that side of the park at that early hour of the day, when I hear my boyfriend say "uh-oh".  I turn to face him and about 12 feet away, lumbering towards me for all he was worth, with fur and drool just a-flyin' was a shetland pony of a dog (he was a Newfoundland) and he had his sights on me.  I had just enough time to exclaim "Oh dear God" before he tackled me and knocked me backwards, licking my face and neck like we were long lost best friends.  He was so huge that I couldn't get him off me, so I was rolling to my side trying to get some leverage (and laughing my ass off, to be truthful) while he thought it was one big wrestling game and redoubled his efforts.  Finally, his owner stopped laughing long enough to call him off me and when I got up, my hair looked like I stick my finger in a light socket (which is funny when you consider that it started out in a pony tail), and I was covered with mud (the ground was a bit wet in some spots, apparently) and dog slobber.  Buckets and buckets of Turner-and-Hooch-esque dog drool.  In my hair, all over my clothes.  God, it was a mess.  I looked over to see my furry violator happily thundering towards his owner.  I called out to him the first thing that popped into my head:

"Call me!" 

It was then that everyone within earshot REALLY started laughing.  They'd been laughing before, but that made the laugh tears come out. 

We had originally planned to go straight to breakfast at Joe's Diner in downtown Phoenix after that, but, of course, I had to go home, shower, and change clothes.  I quickly confiscated my guy's phone so he couldn't take a picture of me in that state.  He then threatened to take me to Joe's looking like that, until I rolled down the window and held his phone out and threatened to drop it.  We called a truce before blood was spilled and the rest of the morning was just fine.

Last night, I went to Smokin' Lingerie and bought a bondage belt. I love this thing!  Black leather, with O-rings all the way around it so that you can hook someone's wrist cuffs to it.  Can't wait to use it!!

My morning session today was a regular, and he brought a huge box and 2 bags of items to donate to the animal shelter.  Hand sanitizer, plates, cups, paper towels, soap, Sharpies, bleach, sponges.  All kinds of stuff!!  Thank you, T!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment