Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just musings


Originally posted 2-21-12

I went to visit another Mistress today.  She's been well-known for awhile, since before I started advertising.  A very pretty and sweet lady.  She and I were chatting about how things in this business were different back then versus how they are now.  It's still makes us shake our heads in wonder when we see 19-year old "Mistresses" advertising, when anyone with more than say, 6 brain cells in their noggin would have to know that someone that young probably doesn't have a whole lot of experience under their restraint belt when it comes to this sort of thing.  I can remember (as she can also) when younger girls had a pretty rough time coming into this profession because the gents back then who were into kink had much more streamlined and specific ideas about what kink was and didn't have faith that someone of such a tender age could have the experience they were looking for.  Nowadays, with the term "fetish" being thrown around indiscriminately, or simply used as a synonym for "likes a lot", societys  ideas of kink have become watered down.   There's nothing wrong with that, except that I think kink and BDSM have lost some of their edge, in a professional sense.  People have lost the excitement of the unknown, that hint of danger (or more realistically, that hint of fear).  It's too bad, really.  There's a whole era of behavior and respect and knowledge that's disappearing. 

On a different note, for those of you who ask, I'm doing ok since my friend passed.  Tonight, I had a visit from a personal play partner, C., and it was exactly what I needed.  For the first time in over a week, I was able to go more than 5 minutes without thinking of my recent loss.  In fact, I went a few hours without thinking about it, because that's how long he kept me occupied and entertained.  When he first got here, he disappeared into my bathroom with a package in his hand.  He stepped out as I was pouring us a glass of my home-brew, and was sheathed in an unbelievably sexy zentai suit (google it).  Zentai's are a  recent discover for me, and since he likes restrictive, shiny clothing anyway, he took the initiative to get himself one for my pleasure.  How cool is it that a guy dressed up in fetish clothing for ME???? Usually it's the lady dressing up, so the change was refreshing.  It rocks to know that someone has gone out of their way to do something for you just for your enjoyment, hoping you'll find it attractive.  That's what I adore (well, one of the many bunches of things) about C.  He is absolutely fearless about trying new things.  I love that his enthusiasm, passion and willingness to lose himself in the sensations of the moment are such a good match for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment