Saturday, July 21, 2012

Not a single gram

Originally posted 2-6-2012


That was what I felt like yesterday.  It's been stressful for a few weeks around here, and I couldn't stand it anymore, so yesterday I shut my phone in a drawer and took the day off.  I looked at my guy and said "Get me the fuck out of here NOW."  So, we loaded up the ice chest, and the quads, and grabbed our dog (one of them, anyway) and went out to the lake.   It was perfect.  The lake was nearly empty of people(I knew the Superbowl was good for something), the weather was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous, and the lake water was COLD.  So cold that I didn't go in it past my knees, but the dog was another story.  It was his first time around water, and he dove right in.  Total waterbaby.  Not exactly what we expected from a Border Collie, but it was still a hoot.  A few friends of ours joined us later, and we grilled burgers and veggies  and simply let the day drift away.  It was exactly what I needed, so it's hard for me to apologize to the boys whose calls I missed, but...I needed to get away and I'm feeling much better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment