Thursday, July 19, 2012

Time to get your...KARAOKE on????

Originally posted 3-23-2011



Yep.  That's right.  I'm one of the judges tonight at Toby Keith's in Mesa for Live Band Karaoke.  it's a pretty big event, and the place gets to be standing room only.  A bunch of people get up and do karaoke, but instead of singing to canned music, they have a live , kick-ass band backing them up.  My roommate is in said band and tapped me to be one of the judges.

I'm kinda nervous, if you can believe THAT because as much as I love and live for music, I'm not sure I have the knowledge to intelligently critique it.  I was told to just comment on things like if the singer interacts with the audience and the band, how much stage presence, if they move around enough, pitch, enthusiasm, if they're dressed appropriately, etc.    So,  I'll be up there tonight doing my best Simon Cowell impersonation (not really-I believe what goes around comes around, and because of that, I hate to be mean) and I can't wait to tell you guys how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment