Saturday, July 21, 2012

And all is right with my world today...

Originally posted 10-9-11


I was supposed to go to the Fetish Ball this evening, but decided against it. There wasn't a big group of us going, and no one there that I was planning on hanging out with all night, so, I decided I didn't feel like dressing to the 9's with full make-up, hair, and outfit just to stand around engaging in S & M all night (Standing & Modeling, that is). Hell, I can do that at home, for free, and actually get some stuff accomplished around the playroom that I'm putting together. However, tonight, I had an extra-special project that I was working on.

Today, my fave playmate and good friend J. came over. And delivered a St. Andrew's Cross that he had made for me. WOW. It's beautiful. J.'s also the one who made the other bondage stand that y'all have seen in my room for the past 6 months or so, which now resides in the play area on the other side of the house.

It was all put together, and all that was left to do as far as the construction was to put some 0-ring type things on all 4 points for ankle and wrist bondage. After that, all that was left was staining and varnishing, which is a cinch.
So, I spent today putting a coat of stain & varnish on, and then I decided to sand it down some more. So, off to Target, where I bought some sandpaper, and a few other odds and ends and came back home. I spent a very happy evening by myself on the backporch with my new cross, the radio on, and a bottle or two of Leinenkugels Oktoberfest(great stuff, by the way). I spent quite awhile sanding it down to smoothness, and then re-staining and varnishing it. It is looking fantastic, and I'm so glad that I could have a hand in turning it into the wonderful playtoy that it's going to be. It felt really good to step back after I was done (mostly) and see the results of what I did. It's a nice sense of accomplishment.

I decided that I wanted it to have a really glossy, impervious-to-moisture kind of finish to it, and the polyurethane wasn't quite doing the trick. I needed something shiny (cuz I like shiny) and water and chemical resistant. SOmething that could put up with being cleaned constantly with hospital-grade disinfectants. I was stumped. So, who did I call? My dad in Yuma, the licensed contractor and Master Carpenter for the last 35+ years. So, I called him. He was smoking cigars and drinking beer with 2 of his brothers that had driven down from Phoenix to visit with him, so they were all 3 sheets to the wind by the time I called him. I asked him what he put on the bar that he made a long time ago for my mom (the gorgeous one that now sits in my kitchen) that keeps it so shiny and water-resistant. He asked why, and so, I told him. He got quiet for a second, and then busted out laughing and said "I should have known!" Then, his brothers started getting noisy so he yelled "Shut up! My daughter the dominatrix is on the phone and she needs my help with something!"

After that, I talked to my mom for a long time, which is always nice. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday next month, and she said all she wanted was a visit from me. And, earlier today, I called my older sister to say "Happy Birthday" and we talked for a long while. Despite the fact that we have nothing in common except the womb we lived in for 9 months, we get along great. She's a devout fundamentalist baptist, and has been unobtrusively trying to save my soul for a long time, but she never pushes, and still accepts me for who I am. She always does fine, but is doing especially great since my brother-in-law got back from an extended tour of duty in Afghanistan a while back. It's good to see them all so happy.

I am SO lucky to have the people in my life that I do. If there's a divine law of compensation, then I've got some hard times ahead of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment