Friday, July 20, 2012

Sexual Peak time

Originally posted 9-1-2011

Ok, so...something I haven't talked about much because I felt awkward about it.  Now that I know there's a biological reason for it, I feel much better, and am happy to revert back to my soul-baring usual self. 

Slowly, starting a couple of years ago, and recurring much more frequently over the past 6 months or so, my libido sky-rocketed.  Like, through the roof.  As in not a day goes by that I'm not wet at least once or twice.  I've always been fortunate enough to have a high (yet manageable) sex-drive, but lately, it was just getting to a level of frequency and intensity that was simply annoying.  It was annoying not to be able to read a relatively innocuous text message or email from a guy without getting excited.  It was annoying to be riding a motorcycle and realize that I was literally aching to orgasm (that might have something to do with having many hundreds of pounds of vibrating horsepower between my legs).  It was a hassle getting ready to go somewhere and have to masturbate before I went out so that I wasn't so turned on that I was actually hurting for the rest of the night.  

Other than these annoyances, it wasn't having a negative impact on my life.  I wasn't making bad decisions regarding sexual activity, I wasn't ignoring life responsibilities because of it.  It was just that all of a sudden, I suddenly had a very good idea of what a 15-year old boy must feel every frickin' day.   Anything and everything would turn me on.  I was about to go to my doctor and talk to her about it when instead, I happened to mention it to my oh-so-wonderful and seriously enlightened best friend.  

His response?

"Uhmm, sweetie (giggle), you're in your 30's. Most women reach their sexual peak in their 40's, with the "rise" of the peak starting in their 30's.  So, you sound right about on target for what happens when nature takes its course." 

Facepalm.  Duh.  I've only been looking forward to this since I was a teenager. 

That made perfect sense.  More frequent arousal, more frequent and more intense orgasms (not to mention easier ones, too).    Ok.  I feel better.  I don't have something wrong with me.   It's just that my hormones are raging.  Cool. 

Now, I'm off to go buy batteries in bulk. 

The only thing that worries me is this: If I've still got a few more years of "climbing" before I reach said peak, how much more intense is this gonna get? If the wind blows wrong, will I be backing my ass up to dooor jambs like a cat in heat?

Sigh.  Make that EXTRA bulk batteries.  And another Hitachi, for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment