Saturday, July 21, 2012

I met a Goddess today

Originally posted 6-24-12


Today was the collaring ceremony of my close friends, Lady JoL and her gyrl, Joni Love.  For those who don't know, a collaring ceremony is a commitment ceremony between a Master and a slave that usually takes place when a Master & slave decide to enter into that serious dynamic together.  Not all M/s relations have collaring ceremonies.\, but some do, and loved ones are usually asked to attend.  Bridget and I attended together.  

As B. and I were driving down the street to the house where the ceremony was taking place, there was a car with out-of-state plates in front of us, and as it happens, the car turned down the street we needed to turn on, so B. made a "follow that car" joke/comment.  We weren't sure of the house #, so as we were wildly looking up the address on Fetlife, we saw the out-of-state license plate car pull up to a house that had tons of cars in front of it.  There was someone we recognized standing on the porch, so we correctly assumed that this was the place.  B. parked and as we were walking down the sidewalk, I noticed that the lady getting out of the car we followed was Goddess Serene Sin.  She had advertised in the Dom section of Backpage about...a month or so ago, and I was curious, so I followed the link to her website, and was mightily impressed by what I saw.  She is a Domme, educator, author, teacher, and all around-kinkster with a whole lot of other good stuff thrown in.  I really wanted to send her an email introducing myself, but decided against it for some reason or another.  Anyway, her visit in AZ was a short one, and while I never stepped forward, I thought about her from time to time, since her honesty, and graceful self-love was so evident even tightly contained in her pictures that it was hard for me to not think of her occasionally.

Before the ceremony, when I was thinking about what a small world it was, and what a coincidence it was that we ended up at the same collaring ceremony, I mentally slapped myself on the forehead and reminded myself that I don't believe in coincidences.  So, I walked up and introduced myself.  

Wow.  

The energy and love for the world around her just absolutely POURED from this woman.  She had that relaxed, loose-limbed, going-with-the-music-only-she-could-hear thing going on.  I introduced myself to her, and we chatted for a few minutes.  The ceremony began, and we went our separate ways.  

After the ceremony, B. pointed her out, since she recognized her as well.  B. also mentioned that Serene had written a book that she had wanted to purchase for awhile, and, as it happens, so did I.  We again approached her, and, non-coincidence again, she had copies of her book with her for sale.  So, B. and I each bought one, and Serene was gracious enough to sign them for us.  While we were chatting, Serene made some comments/compliments to me that actually had me blushing.  I still can't get over it.  That woman has a gift.  She made me feel sexy, beautiful, worthy, and valued in less than 2 minutes.  Anyone can pay lip service to sweet nothings, to have them feel real and honest is rare.  

She exemplifies so much of what I have wanted to do with the kink & BDSM sides of my life.  I love teaching. I love helping people not just come to terms with, but find joy in their kinky desires.  To use them as a springboard into more peace in other areas of their lives.  To help them get a little closer to truly being everything they can be.  Helping people get set on their individual paths to happiness is a life you can realy hang your hat on. 

How powerful can someone like that be, who can pull to you just in pictures??  Wow. 
For those interested, here is a link to her site, and a link to the Amazon.com page detailing the book of hers I purchased today...



Oh, and the inscription she wrote to me in her book? She thought about it for about a minute before writing it.  Here it is:

"To Stormy-
Being conscious is your gift to us all. 
Thank you for sharing your beauty with me.
Serene 2012"

No, sweetheart.  Thank YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment