Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and theirs, too)

Originally posted 6-8-12


Today I gathered up all of the donations for my favorite animal shelter than you lovely boys brought to me so that I could in turn donate the items to them.

I asked you to help me double the amount of donations I usually take in around my birthday.  I didn't quite make it to that, but it was almost there!!  Regardless, I was thrilled.

I drove up there today, and after about a dozen trips to the truck and back, I finally had everything inside and the staff was amazed.  They asked if I wanted a receipt for tax purposes, and I said "Nah, it was a group effort."  They asked how so, and I just said that for my birthday, I asked for donatable (is that a word) items instead of gifts.  A staff member said right then "You have some awesome friends!"

I replied "Yeah, I know. " and smiled big. She smiled back and said "Please tell them thank you for us."

After that, I, of course, had to tour the newly remodeled facilities, and give out dog biscuits to every single dog in the place (this is encouraged), and played with a few of the cats. 
Thank you guys, SO MUCH.  My eyes get teary when I think of how so many of you helped me with this and how you were all so very generous.  Being an animal rescuer probably isn't the coolest thing to know about a Dominatrix's personal life, but cool or not, it's who I am.  Well, there's more to me than that, but it is still a huge part of what makes me, well...me.  Thank you for accepting that I have a life and interests outside of kink.  I am so lucky that I can be so open in this blog about what makes me tick, what's important to me, even if it isn't about sex or BDSM and I still hear people say "It's cool to read that stuff about you!".

  I mean, I'm glad I have exciting stories, and sexy pics to share with you, but the fact that there's an interest in me beyond those pieces of naughtiness still surprises me. 

So, in addition to my sincere thanks, I'd like to convey the thanks of the staff of the AZ Animal Welfare League, and of course, the thanks of the 4-legged angels that so many of you gave a helping hand to. You guys ROCK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment