Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Feelings


Originally posted 6-10-2010

Yesterday was for baseball and playing in the pool.  I soaked up the sun (and a few cancer cells by getting a bit burned) yesterday in my backyard, listening to my roommate play her guitar and sing for me the entire time.  Bliss.  Then last night, I went and watched my wonderful Diamondbacks triumph 2:1 over the Atlanta Braves.  I was with good friends at the game, and that made it even better.  I came home, relaxed with those same friends, and dug into the heavenly, homemade,  delicious ribs that my uncle made for dinner.  I went to bed early(for me, anyways) and slept through the night with my beloved dog Jezebel and 2 cats all curled next to me.  I slept through the night, and woke to Jez sharing my pillow.

What have I come away from this wonderful day with?  The knowledge that good friends make the world go round, nothing beats the feeling of beating the Braves, and reheated ribs are divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment