Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hmmm....

Originally posted 12-31-2010



The holidays are officially over, and my mom and dad went back to Yuma today.  I miss them already.  They brought literally a TRUCKLOAD of presents for me, and my head is still spinning from it all.  I adored showing my mom my "work" equipment and she was full of questions about how everything worked.  I left out A LOT of details about sessions, but she knows the gist of it.  How many dommes out there can say they showed their mom how to throw a flogger and turn off a light switch with a whip???? The best gift of all, however, was when, in the middle of explaining things to her, she looked at me and said "You know, honey, you turned out great.  This isn't the profession I would have thought of for you, but, you're happy, and you seem to be good at it.  You are good, funny, kind, and you live by your own rules, and manage to do it without making other people uncomfortable or being a bitch.     That's all I want.  I'm proud of you."  

yeah, I cried.  A lot.  For a long time.  Some people go through life waiting for that moment, and I got it handed to me.   Humbling.

So now, I've covered up the tear stains, and am about to play with a beloved partner that I haven't played with in a long time.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment